Ever meet a person who just can't let it go? I don't mean a stalker or anything. Well, maybe a stalker, an idea stalker. Stubbornly persistent at the very least. Here's what I mean.
CW: "Why can't we send out a mass email?"
Boss: "Our system is outdated and a lot of email clients kick it out as spam. Even then it takes forever which is time we don't have."
The luxury of working for a non-profit!
Anyway, back to the story. Several minutes later while on a new topic....
CW: "Why can't we send out a mass email?"
Boss: "As I said earlier, our system is outdated and it gets kicked out as spam. And it takes a long time to do."
15 minutes later after a few other items are discussed....
CW: "I know I asked this earlier, but I don't understand. Why can't we send out a mass email?"
At this point the rest of us are fuming, holding on to our seats for dear life, digging our nails into the arms of the chairs so we don't strangle the fucking idiot.
Me: "We just can't! We barely make enough to keep the place open let alone upgrade our computers! Stop sounding like a broken record and go back to the village! They miss their idiot."
That's what I'd like to say, anyway.
But of course, I sit there quietly, getting splinters under my nails, while I pretend to have the patience of a saint like I'm suppose to, wondering if this will carry on throughout the whole meeting, or if he'll switch to a second topic he can't let go of, while our boss nicely explains again why we can't send out a mass email. (Wow! That's a really long run-on sentence. That would really piss him off!)
Every meeting it's the same thing. One time CW went on about the correct spelling of a word for several weeks. We even brought in a hardbound dictionary (he doesn't do smart phones) to show it was correct. We started placing bets the last few meetings to see if he gave up yet. He didn't. It still comes up occasionally.
It's not like CW isn't intelligent. In fact, he's very smart. Occasionally, he's even likable. Not often, but sometimes. He's just so unavoidably annoying! He acts like a three year old who can think of nothing else but the toy he can't have. I have enough toddlers and kids in my life. They are at least cute and trainable.
However, I remember fondly the day I finally did a Mount Saint Helen's and blew up at him. It was wonderful! Unfortunately, it didn't do any good. But hey, I felt much better and I didn't lose my job over it (mainly because it was blamed on the fact I was nine months pregnant with DD).
Gotta love the power of hormones! (Not the best title, but I like the sound of it)
No comments:
Post a Comment