Welcome to my blog! Not sure why I said that considering I don't ever expect anyone else to read this except for me. I always thought blogs were stupid. Why would you bother and who cares anyway? Then I came across an article in the Huffington Post about Rules for grandparents. It was great! Turns out its from a blog, People I Want to Punch in the Throat, by Jen. So I started reading some of Jen's other posts and loved it! What a great way to vent (and I have a lot I need to vent about)! Wish I could do something like that. But I'm not like Jen. She's awesome and I wish I could be more like her. But we have different personalities and as much as I'd like to tell people what I think of them, most of the time I can't. Either because it's someone at work, I just care to much about hurting them, or what they'll think of me afterwards. Plus I'm one of those people who thinks of the witty comeback 10 minutes after its over. However, I highly recommend her blog (www.peopleiwanttopunchinthethroat.com).
Then the little lightbulb hovering above me went on. I could do that. I'd have to be myself but I could totally do that! Treat it like a journal or something. Write what goes on in my head (welcome to the looney bin). But I have to be careful of what I say, but how can I be completely honest without doing that? It would defeat the purpose if I couldn't say what I think.
So everyone is anonymous, including myself, no identifying specifics while still getting the point across, and hopefully get a little humor out of it, too.
So what am I going to write about? Things I can't say out loud (most of the time). Considering my job and I have a six year old and a three month old, I should have a lot to say. Opinions will be a definite. Funny stories of the present and the past. Fortunately, I have lots of these! And I imagine some sappy, sentimental crap, but not too much. I like to make people laugh, not cry (myself included), unless its laughing so hard you're crying! Just be careful not to piddle in your pants. Use the bathroom first.
Enough mushy shit. Time to overstate the obvious. So I've decided to start a blog. Do I expect anyone but me to read it? No. I can hope but I really don't expect it. I need a sounding board and this is it. And if someone enjoys reading it, great! If not, piss off! It's my blog.
No comments:
Post a Comment